Ambedkar International Center (AIC) Inc has filed an Amicus Brief in Cisco Caste Discrimination Case in California, USA.
“This brief would help the court rule on Cisco’s motions by shedding light on the nature of caste discrimination. As the brief makes clear, caste is hereditary, and casteism is therefore a form of ancestry discrimination forbidden by the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Casteism is also a form of race and color discrimination.
Ambedkar International Center is dedicated to understanding and disseminating the ideas of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, who fought to eradicate caste discrimination and make Indian society more just.2 AIC is joined in this filing by the organizations and scholars whose names appear at the end of the brief.”
• Ambedkar King Study Circle
• Anti Caste Discrimination Alliance
• Boston Study Group Inc.
• Ambedkarite Buddhist Association of Texas
• Dr. B. R. Ambedkar International Mission Center
• Ambedkar Educational Aid Society
• Shri Guru Ravidass Sabha – Bay Area, California
• International Bahujan Organization CA
• Hindus for Human Rights, USA
• Kevin D. Brown, Richard S. Melvin Professor of Law, University of Indiana Maurer School of Law
• Ajantha Subramanian, Professor of Anthropology, Harvard University
• Shailaja Paik, Associate Professor of History, Yale University
• Annapurna D. Waughray, Reader, Manchester Law School, Manchester Metropolitan University
• Hari Bapuji, Professor of Strategic Management and International Business, University of Melbourne
• Scott R. Stroud, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Communication Studies and Program Director of Media Ethics for the Center for Media Engagement, University of Texas at Austin.
• Meena Dhanda, Professor of Philosophy and Cultural Politics, University of Wolverhampton
• Gaurav Pathania, Adjunct Professor, Department of Sociology, Georgetown University
• Sunita Viswanath, Co-founder, Hindu for Human Rights and Sadhana
• Tanojkumar Meshram, Ph.D. Candidate (ABD) in Social Policy, The Heller School for Social Policy and Management, Brandeis University